From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 12:14:09 -0500
The introductions are fun and it will be neat if they continue right
into the new year.  Bill, have you considered doing one for your family?
(PLease, please, please!) There are a lot of very special people here who
run shelters, edit magazines/newsletters, provide veterinary care or info,
supply shelter lists or help them get funding, etc. who still haven't said
anything.  They do tend to be very busy and some of them are way, way too
modest, of course.  So to them: It would be so useful for the new folks to
know who you are and the rest of us always like an update on you!
[Moderator's note: Well, I'm writing this from a cheap motel room in
Greensboro, NC. (Going south for a bit.)  How's that for an intro!?  BIG]

Loved the white noise tip.  We find music calms our guys.

Sukie
(I wonder if we maybe could get Chris Lewis to write a few words, too?
Don't have his e-mail anymore, sadly.) (Oh, and Steve is getting a kick
from reading of people with connections to Great Falls, MT since that's
where he did most of his growing up --left the autumn after high school
graduation in 1970 -- and his folks still live there.  Haven't read intros
from anyone with connections to the town where I grew up, though: Port Jeff
on Long Island; Dad and Blanche are in Setauket now and still pronounce it
the original way -- non NYC way -- with accent on on the "au" and having a
tiny bit of "l" sound in there, soft "e" both times.  Hey, BROOKHAVEN
TOWNSHIP, SUFFOLK COUNTY people, introduce yourselves!!!!!!!!)