From:
Rick Roller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 21:56:50 -0600
U.F.O.  has received quite a few e-mails concerning our Ferret Rescue and
Relocation.

I guess I did not explain it well enough for those of you concerned.  There
are no regulations or statues governing the housing of Ferrets in Utah.
Why?  Because any Ferret turned into animal control or the humane society
is killed.... There is no holding period or grace perioid or any special
handling requirments.  They are killed, dead, euthanized, playing little
Ferret harps into Furrball Heaven.  Sorry to put it so bluntly and I don't
mean to offend anyone.  I just wanted everyone to know what is exactly going
on here due to our local politicians inability to pass a simple ordinance
that NO SEEMS TO DISAGREE WITH.

Again, thank you all for your concerns, but off the record, the SL animal
control officer supports what U.F.O. is doing and as soon as the new
ordinance is passed, U.F.O. will be first in line for all the right permitsi
to continue what were doing.

So if you want to help out, U.F.O. can take any help you can provide.  We
have 5 Ferrets in right now and 3 more due in this week end from unwanted
homes.  SHAME ON THOSE PEOPLE.

United Ferret Organization
808E. 9400S. #150
Sandy, Utah 84094
The United Ferret Organization is dedicated to the protection of the
Domestic Ferret and educating others about the wonderful companions they
make.