From:
"C.B. Goins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 11:49:53 -0400
If you want to keep your ferts from getting into the couch through the
bottom, go to the hardware store and get some wire mesh -- same stuff they
use for screen doors and window screens.  You can buy it by the foot or by
the roll.  Cut to fit the bottom of the couch and staple using a
*heavy-duty* staple gun.  The couch can still "breathe" and I guarantee you,
the fuzzbutts can't scratch through it.  I did it to my large sectional and
it works fine.  The cost is nominal.

As for the back/cushion part, I'm still experimenting.  My latest effort has
been shipping tape (the stuff that looks like a giant roll of scotch tape).
It sticks to the fabric better than duct tape and since it's so slick, the
ferts will have a hard time scratching it away.  Takes a lot of it to seal a
sectional, but so far, so good.

But as I'm writing this, I know Maximilian is upstairs dreaming up plans
for yet another assault on the Sofa Monster!  :)

C.B. and Maximilian