From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 17:33:02 -0800
Read the post yesterday about Sonya and Vets.  I recently got very lucky
and found a Vet that even though he is only a couple of years out of Vet
School and has not performed alot of surgeries and such, still seems to be
pretty ferret knowledgeable.  He insists on giving the Distemper and Rabies
shots 2 weeks apart and yet only charges one office call!!  Plus he keeps
the ferret in the back with the technicians for 30 minutes!!!  I have had
my regular Vet for years and years-but unfortunately, I have little faith
in his ferret abilities!  With horses, he is excellent-cats and dogs, too.
But he has no real ferret knowledge and hasn't the time or desire to learn.
So I was forced to look elsewhere!  I am so very pleased with the new
vet-he seems to genuinely love ferrets and is so gentle with them!  I am
very thankful I have found him!!