From:
Kelleen & The INSANE 10 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 01:21:04 -0700
To Debbie and any others interested,

I knew fully well what I was getting into when I started this shelter.  I
feel no guilt that the ferret have contracted mites as they are very common
and things just plain happen sometimes.  The vet specifically said this WAS
NOT mange and would be far worse if it were.  ALL the ferrets ears have
black junk in them and look very nasty so I am assuming ALL have some type
of mite or such.  And yes this vet would have wanted $17 per ferret, I only
took in two of them due to extreme costs the 1st time.  I was brand new to
dealing with mites and therefore I expected the staff at the vets to have
proper knowledge in instructing what is best.  Is that too much to expect?
On something as simple as mites?  I wanted the ferrets to get medication as
soon as possible but was willing to wait a day if they had told me that
would be best.  After all I did ask them this "3" times for heavens sake!
This is a vet I just started seeing and of their own volition they told me
they really do not know a lot about ferrets or see very many (like 2 or 3 I
know of).  So would you trust them for more than shots?  Also the vet I
requested left early that day and no one called to ask if I preferred to
reschedule when he was there, which I absolutely would have.

MAKE MONEY????  If I had ever thought that I would surely be a fool and my
Mommy didn't raise no fools.  I knew from day one that I would end up
putting all I ever had ( money and my heart) into this as well as still
needing help.  THANK heavens for the wonderful people that sent donation
checks in the past and saved Rockadoodle's life and many other lives at
other shelters.  I did this because I LOVE FERRETS!!  No one else here cared
to do something like this for them and so I just jumped in and did it.  I am
new at this and still learning and still searching for a vet to help that is
willing to do possibly more than just a 10% discount and still knows his
stuff.  We here seem very unfortunate in that there are very nearly no vets
here that are up to snuff on ferrets or that seem to want to be.  I am
trying hard to find one but no luck so far.  I am not whining about what I
have gotten myself into merely stating the facts of the situations.

So worry not that I am in over my head, for indeed I am not.  I will
continue to learn as each new situation presents itself and I will keep on
helping the fuzzys that need it.  Hopefully with continued support from
others.  Thanks for your advice.  TNT!!

      Kelleen & the INSANE Animal House