From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:21:55 EDT
>From:    Broomie FD <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I was wondering how long would a 40 pound bag last with 2 ferrets.  I
>can get a 40 pound bag "Comfy Cozy" for $3.98.  From what I read it
>sounds like wood pellets are the best litter to use.  Do they really cut
>down on smell better?  I heard rabbit pellets were good too.

One 40b lasts a week with my eight.  So, I'm guessing somewhere about
three weeks.  I clean out four litterboxes twice daily.  Scoop out the
back and middle, and push the rest to the back and dump the new stuff
in the front.  As for the odor, I do find it cuts down on it.  The
litterboxes are ok and I use a garbage can with a Tops bag in it for
scooping out litterboxes.  I do let it collect for 24 hours in the can
and it does not smell.

Amy and the boys
God Bless America