From:
Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:54:13 -0700
Nell if it's possible, you might try rotating products. One of our
vets, from whom we buy our flea and heart worm preventatives,
recommends rotating Revolution, Advantage and Frontline to keep from
allowing the bugs to build a resistance/immunity to the toxins.

I am wondering since only 1 of your pets has a problem with fleas, have
you actually seen fleas on this dog? Even if s/he does scratch from an
insect bite, the insect does not spend most of it's life on the animal
so it seems the insect would eventually hop on another dinner candidate
and die after dining. It really does not make sense that certain fleas
feast ONLY on this one dog when others are around, nor does it make
sense that if the bugs are toxin resistant that they would bother ONLY
this one dog.

A Chinese Crested, no matter the variety - hairless, hairy hairless or
haired, is susceptible to skin problems - acne, rashes etc. So could it
be that s/he either needs a different skin care routine or maybe has
allergies causing the itchiness? Just wondering.

As for your friend in the NW mainland. Her issues could be that the
products she is using do not kill all of the insects in her house or
yard and that the products do in fact still kill, just not every bug
(or not even close). She, too, may have a pet with allergies or skin
issues.

Good luck resolving your pet's issue - itching is a miserable way to
live.

Vicki

Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue