From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:05:56 -0400
Mikette, my hairless wonder, was wondering if anyone knows what else
besides adrenal can cause hairloss.  My 6 year old Mikette had her right
adrenal removed three years ago.  She has insulinoma and her BG level
is checked regularly.  She is on prednisolone and diazoxide for the
insulinoma.  Mikette eats and drinks well (and poops well).  She has an
enourmous belly that ultrasounds and other tests have showed to be fat.
(she was always 1.8 pounds, but in the last three years has crept up to
2.4) .  She had the adrenal panel a couple of times in the last three
years, and it never shows adrenal.  She was put on monthly lupron shots
without improvement, then taken off and regiven the tenn panel last year
(after waiting 6 weeks for her levels to stabilize).  A more recent
second opinion said she must be adrenal and we have started the lurpon
up again to look for adrenal.  In all this time she has slowly lost more
hair.  Her huge belly is completely bare, her sides have just some think
underhair fuzz, and her skin is completely visible.  Her back has a thin
covering of guard hairs, with most of her skin still visible.

She gets seen by the vet regularly but I was wondering if anyone had any
ideas about the hairloss.

Thanks
Risa