From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 10:41:46 -0400
As I understand it, you DO NOT NEED to worry about the effects that pine
PELLET litter will have on your ferret.  The 'aromatic oils' that cause the
problem with the pine chips/flakes are largely absent from the pellets.  The
pellets are made of compressed sawdust, and although my memory may not serve
me correctly, isn't it the process of pelleting that strips the oils from
the pellets?

If you continue to remain concerned about Pine Fresh but still wish to use a
sawdust pellet litter, try to find wood stove pellets, which are made out of
hardwoods (I have oak, specifically) and therefore don't have the same
aromatic oil issues.

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters