From:
Brian Vickery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 21:06:10 -0500
greetings,

i have been lurking for about 4 months now and here is my first post.

first off i would like to send my condolences to all who have lost a dear
friend lately, even though i do not own a ferret yet (saving money to do it
right), i have lost a close pet before and i know how tramatic it is.

now on to the main gist of this post;

as a poet i would more than be happy to donate my time to help compile a
book to help aid sheltars, but i would like to make a suggestion.  Instead
of having the whole thing revolve around ferret, why not about all pets in
general with an emphasis on ferrets.  so in case there is the idea to help
the shelters bring in money more people would be willing to buy them.  I
know this group is in devoted to ferrets, but sometimes you have to make
compromises and if in fact we use the compilation to help the shelters and
one more book is sold, that means one more ferret could be helped.  So right
now i think you got my gist, and i am still offering my services overall to
help compile and help people.

Brian M. Vickery
(who has friends who have ferrets and has tried many a times to sneak
them home with me.."How did Juliet get in my duffle bag..? =)    )