From:
Steve Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 1995 17:19:50 -0600
        Hi all, I'm a relativley new ferret owner. My wife decided we needed
to have some so she bought 2 from the local pet store unbeknownst to me.
        I stumbled on to this place on day while I was bumbeling around the
Internet looking for cool things. Cool site of the day is what actually got
me here. This has been a god-send. I have learned more about ferrets the
last 3 months than I ever thought I would need to, and have learned just how
little the pet store knew.:)
        Anyway, I have found it remarkable how my new "children" have taught
me SO many things.  And I am learning so much from them.  Like....  I never
realized that I was putting my shoes in the wrong places before.  Naturally,
Snert and Carmel recognized this IMMEDIATLEY and proceeded to place them in
their proper places.  Now I, being the ignorant human, didn't realize that
the shoes had been in the wrong places and that they were now placed
correctly, so I put them back where thay had been, in the WRONG PLACE!  The
fuzzies, upon re-ientering the room, would would see this and, without
complaint, move them all back to their correct places.  Now this is no simple
task as I have come to discover that the correct places CHANGE DAILY!
Luckily, all ferrets are blessed with the ability to always know where these
new correct places are.
        After several weeks I finally understood what was going on. I was so
excited that these little guys were working so hard for my benefit. How
could I have been so foolish?!? I'm just so lucky to have such caring friends.
        So next time your ferret(s) move your shoes to the correct places,
don't get upset. Give them a treat and thank them. It's not easy work moving
shoes and keeping track of hundreds of different places they should be.
        Next time we will discuss "Socks, are they in the wrong places

    Later,
    Steve B. and the mis-named ferrets Snert(the girl that we were told
    was a boy) and Carmel(the boy that....well you get the idea)