From:
Kris Kalaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:53:51 -0800
Sorry I am little late on some suggestions for meds and information on
'where I got me ferrets' .  Been working and sick as a dog.  Finally got
a minute!

1) Got my first ferret ..  Fizban..  at new local pet store after the
loss of my most dearest cat.  He was a much wanted Mothers day gift.  He
spurred me into learning as much as I could about the little buggers.

My second ferret, Raistlin, also came from the same pet store.  He
peered out as if to say take me home to my youngest daughter.  They
were actually cleaning the ferret cage at the time (I was there for
fish food) and asked would I hold him for a minute.  I soon learned he
had been bought before and the women that had him brought him back.
Her husband hated him, and she far more enjoyed club hoping than poor
Raistlin.  In fact the idiots had named him Mandy thinking he was a
girl.  So...he came home with me.

Then after some time and realizing how many ferrets were homeless and
sheltered I contacted Heaven Scent Rescue.  She is a 5-6 hour drive away.
I arranged to look at couple girls and brought home 2 lovely jills.  Then
about 6 months ago I brought home 2 loving males from Sandi as well.

I think Ferret Math is Gods gift to the little furry loves.  That way we
can bring Lots of them into our loving homes.

Okay now for Meds.  We know the Ferret tone can make them just love the
meds.  But to much of a good thing can be bad right?  We can also cut the
ferret tone with pure olive oil.  Still to much?  I have had great out
comes with mixing the dose into a spoon of warm Duck soup.  Even Pred
went down easy.  Also to pill a ferret you can try coating the corner of
the pill in some Malt Hair ball Remedy.  So when it hits the back of the
throat they are more inclined to swallow it.  Of course there are a few
fuzzies I know that may take a taste of your finger at the same time!

And on a personal note.  Lily our DEW that had adrenal surgery a couple
months ago is very itchy and thin hair across her back.  Her tail never
went bald but her shoulders did.  They found a adrenal mass on the right
during surgery.  The Vet scrapped away what her could with out risk to
her.  But I don't think it's gone away.  So we are off for a new
Melatonin Implant in about a week.  I just hope she stays with us as
long as possible and comfortable, bald or not.  She is a sweetie.

Dooks,
Kris ' LadyHawk'