From:
"Henry Lee Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 21:06:26 -0400
Hello All.

I hope this doesn't come across in bad taste, because its actually written
with nothing but the truest intentions.

I have created a web page dedicated to discussions and chatting about
Ferrets only, called the Ferret Forums.

I created these forums to work in tandem with the Ferret Mailing List.  I
did not create the web pages to try and take "action" away from the FML,
that was never my intention.  I created the forums for free, out of my own
interest and desire to learn more about Ferrets.

The other night, I had an emergency where my ferret was choking.  I wanted
to get an answer as soon as possible from a knowledgable person.  My only
recourse was to send mail to the FML.  Needless to say, I got quick response
from many of the readers, and I thank you all greatly.  Of course, due to
the nature of the FML, if it had been more serious, the answers would have
came too late.  at 11:30 p.m., all regular vet offices were closed, and of
the local (within an hour drive) emergency vets (3 of them) none had any
vets that knew anything about ferrets.

Back to the topic.  Well, I realized that while the FML was perfect for
articles, it wasn't too good for other aspects, such as pictures of your
ferrets, stories, 1 line questions and answers, etc.

Its a really easy to use interface, and it even remembers who you are =
for the next time you come.

Please visit the page at http://www.spiritwood.com/ferrets/

Thanks in advance.

Henry Lee