From:
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 22:40:22 -0800
>From:    Megan <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: colloidal silver

Just to point out that I'm not against all "experimental" or
"non-traditional" medicines.

>Megan O'Shaughnessy, D.C.       | North Cascades Chiropractic Clinic

Megan practices a form of medicine that is widely considered something
other than mainstream.  I just wish Megan lived in this area, I'd sign up
as a patient.

>Ela, I understand your statements, but those very statements leave a lot
>of questions begging.  What is a "properly made" brand?

Ela has favorite brands and is basically quoting their advertising.  Some
brands imagine a difference between their silver and some other silver.
Such a distinction is basically imaginary.  Some colloidal silver
proponents even claim erroniously that only silver nitrate can cause
argyra.  Or that lower doses of smaller particles don't.  Argyra is not
that well studied.  No one knows the dosage required to cause it in any
particular person (it doesn't seem to be a set amount universally for all
people).

I believe medicine is a science not a religion.  In researching colloidal
silver I have used scientific understandings not philosophical or religious
beliefs that are nothing more than desires in evaluating whether I would
try the various substances all called colloidal silver.

>From:    meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Bull vs. Whippet
>I have never heard this--either on the FML, WWW, or in books i had read--
>according to him Marshalls farms are attempting to breed more a whippet
>face structure vs a bull face (like a bull dog-squished and fat)

In our opinion whippet ferrets don't exist.  Marshall neuters their ferrets
early which leads to incomplete maturation and devlopment of the skeleton
and its muscle cover.  They look thinner.  But its a developmental thing
not a genetic thing.

Some people have bred for too short a face or too rounded a face.  This is
asking for ferrets with the same problems as American bred Persian cats and
bulldogs.  Americans are far worse at this than Europeans.

Whippet vs. bulldog should go the way of Egyptian ferrets and ferrets in
Leviticus.  Some ferrets are stockier than others.  Some are leaner.  Lets
avoid 'ferret breeds'.

>I always took the difference in head shape to be male vs. female.  I had
>read that males have a wider face and females a more slender face.

Yes.  Males that are neutered younger develop more like females than like
whole (or unneutered) males.

>From:    "Reet ..." <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferrets, ferrets *argh*

Cats didn't go out of domestication.  They've been domesticated the entire
time since they were first domesticated (as Bob C says) most likely to keep
rats and mice out of the granaries.  Egypt has pretty much always existed
since they first became civilized.  Their empire didn't last but the people
and the cats didn't die out.

<grin>  BUT in body shape ferrets are certainly proportionally far longer
than cats so <smile> SURE ferrets have been domesticated longer than
cats...

-bill

--
bill and diane killian