From:
Carmen Mok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 09:27:17 -0700
Hi everyone...

thanks for all those comforting emails..  I really need them.  Good news..
I have just heard from the doctor who was handling the import permits that
we might have another alternative plan.  The plan sounds stupid, he says,
but it saves a trip to and fro to Singapore... and I went for it.

The plan is now all pre-arranged so when I do go to all those necessary
places, they are prepared for our arrival.  I was to drive to vancouver
int'l airport, pick my baby up and our import license up.  On the license,
it says "Singapore to U.S. to Canada." So,,, we drive up to Abbortsford
where the U.S. customs or animals customs are ( not sure ) where they will
be expecting us and the vet will check my baby.  Then we shall go into the
U.S. and then turn back !!  Off we go to the Canadian customs where the
authorities and the vet on station there are expecting us as well...
( sounds like an escapade movie ) where they will check Ritz and then issue
us a release permit !!  Viola !!!@#$%   We are on our way home !

Well, all these will be done tomorrow, so wish me all the luck tomorrow
guys...it is going to be a long trip but it does beat flying 20 hours back
and fro to Singapore.

I can't thank enough to the people that came up with this idea..  The
authorities here at the airport are a whole bunch of dedicated animal
lovers and it hurts them so much to see that animals are suffering in the
middle of inefficient bureaucracy...

Halliluyah to them !! heheh.....

Carmen, Ritz's mummy