From:
steve austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 08:23:09 -0500
Well I would say it is raining ferrets here in NJ.  Unfortunately, there
are many now that need homes.  If anyone can take in just one more it would
help.  However, we all have our limit of how many ferrets we can handle,
and for some that is one, others 21.  I don't want any with a kind heart
to make a mistake and take in an animal that can get very expensive as
they age.  If you could donate hammocks, money, food to the shelters in
NJ that are rescuing these guys that would help too.

I am planning on helping anyway I can.  Kim from KiSta is going to pick up
as many as she can today- bless her heart because she is full with 40!
I know Yvonne and Anne of Fuzztek are on the move already!  I heard from
someone in Baltimore that could take up to 3, so I would like to arrange
transport there.  I am willing to drive the whole way if need be, but if
someone in the So.  Jersey/delaware area can help make the trip- that would
be great- it would be a 7 hour round trip for me.  ALso, since I am going
that way- anyone in that area, or shelters, or someone willing to drive
from VA/MD and meet me on they way- or in Baltimore??  We can send more
that way, would just need to borrow a SUV, or get volunteers to help out
that have larger cars.

If anyone is interested in helping with the trip to Baltimore let me know.
Or if anyone in North Jersey, that can't get down there, wants a ferret let
me know.  I will bring supplies down to Kim, and pick up a few for anyone
who is willing.  Need cages??  Maybe we can see if there are any extras out
there- check with shelters,etc.

Thank you,
Happy Holidays
(908) 851-9262