Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:03:19 EST
Dear fellow FMLers..

By now most of you have probably heard that Carole Mc Craig of Ferret
Rescue of Tidewater has been shut down by the Animal control Nazis of
Virginia Beach. They removed 84 ferrets from her ferret room and house.
Reports indicate that 61 of these animals were put down. If you read
the reports it will tell you that the animals all suffered from
malnourishment and were dehydrated. That is purely not true. Carole and
I have been talking to each other almost daily and she has been very
ill. She has nerve damage in her left shoulder and is being treated
for that. She injured her shoulder rescuing a ferret found loose in a
nearby park if memory serves me right. She also is on meds for very
high blood pressure. She told me last weekend that she had been feeling
very ill and all she could do at that point was to feed and water the
fuzzies as she could not stand long enough at that point to do more.

Folks I am appalled by the way the Animal control did it's thing
yesterday. It would have better served the animals if Carole had been
given a clean up order or something rather than having them come in and
take all of her animals away. She did sign all the ferrets over as they
told her if she didn't they would charge her $18.00 a day per animal to
board them. Ok so yes 84 frets is alot to take care of. yes it was
dirty in their room and cages BUT Carole felt she would get well enough
soon enough to take care of them all.

Now I know alot of you folks out there and alot of you know Carole. She
has been helping animals in general and ferrets in specific for over 40
years. She would never harm an animal in her care if her life depended
on it. Now afew of you will decide that she is just another example of
Jenn Morrision and the like and brand her a "collector" and such and
nothing could be farther from the truth AND It Is THE TRUTH That Will
Set You Free. Folks it has been Carole whom I have turned to over the
years when I needed Ferret advice. it was she whom turned me onto Kim's
book Ferrets For Dummies... as a matter of fact I bought my copy there
in Virginia Beach at the Book store on VABCH Blvd. It has been a great
resource as well as Carole. We all know why the nazis there killed the
61 frets..they were old and had health problems and being "starved or
dying of thrust" was not the reasons they were destroyed. They were a
liability not a disposable asset.

Anyway Why is it we tend to shoot our wounded instead of helping them?
Lets not do this to Carole Mc Craig. She doesn't deserve to be treated
unfairly. I will stand by her in anyway I can as this is what she would
do for me...

Thank You all..

Hey lets stay fuzzy out there....

Fred Hurd