From:
Marti Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 07:34:56 -0400
We found out in a frightening way, by accident, mind you, that ferrets and
guinnea pigs don't mix.  Fortunately in the end, everyone came out of the
fiasco ok.  Except my daughter who was hysterical, for the mistake of not
shutting her bedroom door tightly.

I came home, and my daughter was outdoors crying, she told me that Sugar,
who is one of our rescue ferrets pushed open her bedroom door, went in and
found the guinnea pig cage, got in and attacked her ear, my husband was able
to grab Sugar, and the guinnea pig only had a scratch on the ear.  I calmed
my daughter down and reassured her that her intentions were not for any of
the pets to be injured, and just more concious awareness in going in and out
of her bedroom.

So to anyone that wants to know, how do they get along..NOT GOOD.

Battle Creek Rescue: Update
Sugar and Spice are doing great, Spice is very sweet, and playful and
lovable, comes to me for hugs and kisses, Spice on the other hand is high
strung, aloof and a nipper.  The vet checked them over, and found that they
were boney because they were not being fed properly.  And if they don't
start putting on weight in 3 weeks after being fed and given vitamins at
home, they she would put them on a special formula to fatten them up.  Spice
is gaining weight, takes her vitamins good, but Sugar, on the other hand, is
gaining, I think, more slowly though.  And she won't take her vitamins, I
tried to put it on her paw to see if she'll lick it off.  She is a very
stubborn little girl.

I have noticed one thing, when they get quiet, then its time to investigate,
their into something!!!!

And one final question.  Loosewire and Lucy who are MF ferrets for sure, are
fat and robust, they have the hump of what all ferrets have but not as
pronounced, I figured that because their not as long as well.  But Sugar and
Spice are extremely long, and have the distinct hump.  Is it becase their
are possibably not to their potential weight for their size?  Or could it be
diffrent breed of ferrets?

Marti
Loosewire, Lucy,Sugar & Spice