From:
Tracie Belongia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:40:12 EDT
Hi FMLers,
I hope everyone's fuzzys are well.  I haven't written in a while, But
we're still here.  I had to write to tell you what's goin on at Richmond
Ferret Rescue League.  Ferret dads, Russ and Lorne, got tons of great
cards for fathers day!  We all sat around the table at our adoption
center, had dinner then looked thru all the wonderful cards!  Wow!
You who sent them are wonderful!  Thank you!

Marlene did a 45 minute phone interview with Richmond Magazine, emailed
them pictures and they called me to confirm phone numbers and names and
such.  We waited for 2 months, for the July issue to come out, and get
the adoptions rolling!  We are in the same situation as Ferret Haven By
The Sea, Lots of great ferrets for adoption, and a waiting list to boot!
Well, the mag came out onto shelves June 20th, so we rushed to Ukrops to
pick it up.  We turn to the article on rescues and read.  And read and
read ... nothing.  What the heck?  Turn to page 76 and what!!!  Richmond
Ferret Rescue League specializes in ferrets, Hamsters, Rabbits, Guinea
pigs and reptiles!  AND gives my phone number!  Now we're a little
upset... 45 minute interview and thats all we got?!?  I'm waiting for
the person who wants to give up there Hamster!

The only other animal in my house, besides the ferrets is my dumb dog,
Cocoa.  Dumb dog cuz she thinks she's a ferret.  I'll have to research
other rescues now so I can refer these people to them.  Marlenes going
to write them and get a retraction, but the damage is done.  Now its a
running joke with Nancy, Marlene, and Me that the next phone call is a
hamster.  LOL

We got conformation for the Virginia State Fair!  We are Going to be in
the Young Virginians center building this year, instead of a tent way
in the back of the fair grounds.  The date is September 27th.  Go to
http://www.statefair.com
for more information.  You can also call Me (804)-730-5605.  We are
really excited about this year, being inside a real building and in
front of the fair grounds!

We are having all the usual classes plus a Maintenance class ( ferret
care including hygiene and grooming for teeth, ears, nails, ect.) and a
Conformation class ( judges will give reasons for judging points) We have
a kissing contest, costume contest, and most looks like owner!  Its going
to be great fun!

I have been driving to Charlottesville, 78 miles each way, every Saturday
for 5 weekends to pick up ferrets.  I even got my first pair of Canadian
ferrets!  Go out today to your local shelter and adopt!

I remember when I first started with ferrets I had 5 fuzzies and thought
"There is noooo way I could take care of anymore".  Boy was I wrong!  I
now have 8 personals, 8 adoptable that keep getting passed over, and 11
younger adoptable, and I'm getting 3 in today.

Our special needs branches have a total of 52 ferrets that are between
the ages of 6 and 10, that no one wants to adopt, because they are older
and they have cancers.  These older kids are great ferrets, It such a
shame!  Your local shelters need your help!  Food, Donations to the vet,
or an adoption ... anything is helpful!

Tracie Belongia/Assistant Director-adoption center
Richmond Ferret Rescue League-VA