From:
Katherine Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 May 1998 02:05:50 -0400
Most of you won't remember me (I've been lurking bigtime for the past three
years), but a few of you will (hi, Bill, hi, Suki).

Anyhow, it's my sad duty to inform you that our Sigmund died peacefully in
his sleep on Thursday.  He was almost 6, and was never sick a day in his
life, so it was a real shock, truly unexpected.  Jeff buried him in the
backyard Friday near Bandit and Charlie.  Pogo is doing OK, but a little
subdued.  We are all in mourning for the Sigster, who was the most beautiful
ferret we ever saw, an insolent but charming "black sable" who never took
"no" for an answer.

Katie, Jeff, Andy & Pogo