Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 03:14:45 -0500
RE: Bob Church
>I've heard people say that a ferret was "getting back at them," or
>"holding a grudge." Personally, I don't think the ferret would be so mean
>(not being human) as to resort to primitive higher primate back-stabbing
>or name-calling rituals.

Yes and no..  The concious 'getting back' is probably not there, as I don't
think they are mentally developed enough to think on that sort of level..

However, they do have memories.  So it is possible that they will remember
something, and react according to the memory of that annoyance or fear at a
prolonged or later period.  I have had incidents where this does appear to
be the case, and once incident where it really did seem like Dex was making
an example of being annoyed with me.

While I don't think they sit under the bed plotting to make your life hell
for not letting them eat the remote, I do think they can, in thier own way,
remember or 'hold a grudge'.

- Reet