From:
Wendy Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 1994 10:27:53 -0500
My ferret, Silk, is losing his hair again (he lost it last winter, but it grew
back).  This time, however, it doesn't show any signs of returning and keeps
getting worse. Pattern: chest, upper back, lower back, abdomen. He still has fur
on his head, legs, haunches and tail plus some wisps elsewhere. He also has the
itchy skin and big abdomen Dr. Weiss mentioned. If he were four, he'd have been
under the knife awhile ago. However, he's over 7 1/2 years old. At the last vet
visit (summer), he had an enlarged spleen (but less than half abdominal cavity),
and it was suspected that his kidneys were getting weaker (water goes in and out
of him at a great rate). He was a pet shop ferret, Ferret Factory in OK, early
neuter so he's the size and shape of a female. He's still quite active, climbing
the stairs and onto furniture and chasing the cat. His appetite is normal. If I
could be confident that he'd have years of happy life after surgery, I'd do it
in a minute, but if sugery would kill or cripple him or not give any
improvement, I'd as soon leave things as they are. Give me advice!

Wendy (who just made a fleece lined hammock for someone's stocking)

Wendy Hudson  [log in to unmask]
The clan: Lloyd (husband)
          Maggie (english springer spaniel)
          Marcus (cat)