From:
David & Tracy Browne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 06:59:28 -0600
Hi.  I've been lurking and wanted to let you all know that I LOVE THIS
LIST!  I have really learned a lot from it and respect the people here.

To introduce myself - we have a sable panda 10 month old boy named Oreo.
He is just the light of our lives!  We bought him from a breeder, as I come
from a show dog background and buying from a pet store seemed abhorrent to
me.  Don't get me wrong, I think the little MF ferts have every right to a
stable loving home, and of course, the shelter ferrets do too - but for us,
buying from a breeder was the right thing to do.  We have not been
influenced by "ferret math" yet and don't plan to be!  Oreo gets all the
attention, hugs, cuddles, and playtime to himself - and has two sweet dogs
to interact with.  The cat, he has learned to leave alone!  :)

Have a weird question...went to PetCo yesterday and of course, had to stop
and play with the baby ferrets.  One of them, I noticed, had a small eye.
When you looked at his face, he had one normal sized eye, and the other eye
was about half the size!  Very odd looking.  He seemed normal in every way,
except for this eye.  The eye was not red, irritated, or discharging.  It
was just tiny!  Is this a congenital defect?  Anyone seen this before?  Is
it correlated with other "birth defects" that we can't see?  I'm just
curious.  He was a really sweet guy, but I felt so sorry for him.

Thanks for listening!
Trace and Oreo  (an only child - and loving it!)