From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:05:27 -0500
Hey, Ela, you folks have been working hard at this for a whole year more
than you remembered!  LOL!  It was mid 1996!  WOW!  SOS will have it's
tenth anniversary in just 2 years!  Talk about a lot of good work!

>Judith emailed us back and said it was just the three of us, and she
>was open to suggestions.  So, we talked and deliberated, and decided we
>needed some more "consultants" to help us figure out how to run this
>thing.  So, we enlisted the help of BIG, Alicia, Sukie, and some others
>to formulate guidelines for running S.O.S.

I'd forgotten, too, how much Totally Ferret and the Ferret Store did to
help get SOS up and running early on with so much help for shelters.  I
apologize for forgetting so much!

I have TOTALLY forgotten that!  I think I am going senile since I have
forgotten so very, vary much!  ;-)

Robert I sure hope that you first read up on genetics problems in ferrets
and on problems associated with mating, pregnancy, nursing, infancy, the
illnesses and tumors which are specific to whole ferrets, behavioral
differences in caring for whole ferrets such as when to separate, and
the genetic lines to NOT mate such as those with certain neural crest
genetics, those with strongly non-bilateral coloration, those with
spotting, some with color depletion, those with strongly non-lateral
head coloration, lines with cataracts, lines with deafness, lines with
genetically shortened tails, etc.  If not, there is some info for you in
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org (The FHL could use more posts on the breeding
health subsets, though) in Ferret-Genetics in Yahoogroups in the Zen
Ferret site if memory serves and I am sure elsewhere (and would like to
know where for academic reasons).

To say thank you to Late Night with Conan O'Brien:

To say thank you to the Today Show: