From:
William Chenoweth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 12:59:33 -0800
We finally got the furry foursome up to date on shots, two 5 month olds and
2 adoptees (10 mos?), and now that its springtime its time for leash
training.  Arvind, being the perfect little boy that he is, has taken a
shine to walking (and even jogging!) on a leash.  Spirit, an adoptee, is
better about leash training than potty training, unfortunate for the carpet.
Mya is still too small to fit in these blue harnasses, but we're working on
a solution.  She can slip out with ease.  Princess, though she's lost
considerable weight, thinks she's a cat.  She's happy to sit there on her
belly all harnassed up, but then you have to take her for a *drag* rather
than a walk.  Oh well, we've still got about 5 months of decent weather
left.

Now that our furkids are going to be outside, and probably interacting with
people, does anyone know if we can get rabies certification tags for their
collars like dogs?  We asked our vet about them and they said we needed to
call the county (Fulton county here in GA), but they also said that the
county doesn't recognize ferrets as companion animals like dogs and cats.
Does anyone know of a way around this?  How many of you have rabies tags on
your ferrets collars?

- William & Molly

  Arvind "Can I PUHLEEZE run under the cars daddy??"
  Spirit "I'll poop wherever I damn well please!"
  Mya "There's not a harnass made that can hold me!!"
  Princess "Look at me mommy!!  I'm a speed bump!!"