From:
Shari Diane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 14:24:56 -0400
So, you opened up the escape artist-proofed windows and let the cool Fall
weather in this weekend...

Suddenly, a strong sweet smell of Eau de Ferret waifs through all your home.
You take it upon yourself to immediately vacuum, dust, mop, launder all
bedding and blankies, spot shampoo butt-dragging areas, and re-supply air
freshing plug-ins.  But, the odor still lingers.  Is it coming from
outdoors, since that's when you first noticed it?  Certainly not.  And the
ferts just received their semi-annual bath.  Hmmm, the only thing that you
have not wiped down is....the inside to their tubing!

+++++

One day last Spring, I was driven into a frenzy trying to figure out why my
home smelled like 30 unkempt ferrets, but only 2 live with me.  Use an
appropriate 1 or 2 quart bucket/pan, warm water, liquid dish soap, sponge or
wash cloth, no ferts, and wipe out the inside of all the dryer hose tubing,
black drainage pipe, pvc, etc.  Don't forget their toys, too.  If I had
known to do this first, I would not have had to vacuum, mop, dust... :-)

Shari Gunter