From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 13:48:58 EST
When you described your ferrets Kim, you also described mine! Beautiful
fur, energetic, crowding around for a treat, and happy. Even Oliver who
came to me blind, deaf and with liver cancer now has the most gorgeous
fur, runs around my house full tilt because he knows his parameters
and dances with glee every day. He is without a doubt the happiest,
funniest ferret I have. Most of my ferrets are very old. I lost my
sweet Kelly aka Sugar Fluff last year at the age of 11 years. I also
have former biters. Most biters do not understand that we humans have
thin skin and hurt when we get bitten so within 3 days of saying "OUCH"
and "NO" they stop. The fear biters who were abused take about 2 weeks
of constant love to show them that no one in this house will ever hurt
them. Right now I am working with a face biter that is taking a bit
longer. I've had a face biter before that stopped biting much sooner
than this one but I have no idea what Sneaky's former life was like.
She is definitely afraid of people. I honestly don't believe live food
would help her mental anguish over her former life. Most of the ferrets
that I adopt are adrenal, have insulinoma, are biters, or are rescues
from abuse or neglect. They all thrive on kibble and their "soup" every
day. Chris Mathis at the Oregon Ferret Shelter has given me a new soup
recipe that I am anxious to try. Hopefully my stubborn Brewster who
doesn't like changes of any kind with like it ;-)

I read your posts with an open mind hoping to learn something and I
have! After reading them I know for certain that I would never feed
live food or raw food. You've convinced me! Peace.

Nancy and her oldies, sickies, former meanies and one jet-propelled
nutcase names Tyki