From:
Robert Dejournett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 02:01:43 -1000
>One more thing. On the ferret FAQs, there is a question:

>"I'm allergic to cats. Will I be allergic to ferrets?"
>The answer is: You really can't tell.
>Guess what: I'm allergic to ferrets, too!  But it's really mild, only
>sneezing, and it's pretty controllable with drugs.  A LOT BETTER, than wi th
>cats.

Oh, I can add to this.  I had 2 ferrets in Tucson, AZ.  I have bad asthma
and allergies too.  I am allergic to many things, including dog hair & cat
hair.  Ferrets aren't that bad for me.  I had a hard time w/ 3 dogs, but my
two ferrets were not so bad, completely treated with SeldaneD, an
antihistamine.

I deduced this is simply because ferrets have less fur than canine/felines,
and hence less dandeur (sp?).  Also it is possible that you can grow
'acclimated' to the ferrets, especially if you are younger (teenage or
less).

-Rob