From:
"Ladd,Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 07:57:52 PST
We recently had one of our ferrets undergo surgery to have a node removed
from his pancreas.  From what I understand (remember, I'm the computer
side...Amy takes care of the "kids"), it was one LARGE node, but just one.
We thought he had an enlarged spleen, but it turned out to be not so.  The
surgery occurred one week ago (Monday, 3/18).

Lately his breathing has been labored, with clear fluid discharge from his
nostrils.  Amy figured it was a cold, and fed him 0.25cc of children's
Triaminic.  Once Friday night and once again Saturday morning.  All day
yesterday he was very listless, and when Amy took his temp, it was at 98.1.
The second temp an hour later was at 98.3.  (We didn't believe it either, I
ended up going to WalMart to get a second thermometer just to verify the
first one was working correctly).

Today he's up to 99.1.  Amy gave over on the Triaminic, and started forcing
Karo syrup and water into him last night.  We knew he was really sick
yesterday because he wasn't eating.  He now seems to at least accept food
when it's poured down his throat and will eat a little on his own.

Has anyone else had problems with the children's Triaminic?  (We used it on
at least 5 of our kids prior to this with no problems...) And are there any
thoughts as to what might be going on??  Amy called the vet yesterday, and
he was very blaise about the whole thing (which, needless to say, drove Amy
up the wall <grin>).

Input would be greatly appreciated...direct or otherwise.

Pete

"Ferrets are God's apology for cats."