From:
Marc Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 11:14:49 EDT
Thought I would jump in on this MF paperwork debate.

Melissa writes:
>Both of my babies are MF, acquired in the last six months from two
>different pet stores.  In both cases I was given a large envelope (same
>at both stores) which contained the MF literature and a registration card.
>On the card was a registration number.  The card explicitly stated that
>for the MF guarantee to be valid the ferret must be registered within 30
>days of purchase.

I work part-time at a pet store (single owner not a chain) and have worked
there nearly 4 years.  All the MF babies we've sold over this period have
come with the guarantee mentioned by Melissa.

>I'm wondering if this is a fairly recent development of MF in response to
>paperwork problems like those that have been brought up on this list.  Or,
>if they've been doing this for a while, if some of the reported 'paperwork'
>wasn't actually for MF kits in the first place.

No, MF guarantees have been the same for years.  The paperwork mentioned in
the original post was more than likely not from MF.

Marc Wilson and the New Tres Amigos (Rocky, Sam and Chloe)