From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:35:56 -0700
I loved your 25 reasons for loving ferrets.  My question for you is
(and I've ben trying to figure this out for a long time), why does love
for a ferret seem so much more intense even for a person who has been a
hardcore animal lover of all kinds forever.  After reading the FML for
the last 5 years, I sense that I am not the only one whose hearts are
literally possessed by ferrets.

I am convinced my love for animals was not learned; I was born with it.
I tortured my poor parents my entire childhood, bringing home every stray
creature I ever came across.  I vividly remember when I was 6, the city
decided to cut down 5 poplar trees on our parkway.  As the trees came
down, I was running from tree to tree, tears running down my face as I
was collecting the displaced baby birds and depositing them into a shoe
box.  I was also calling the city workers murders and monsters until
they went and asked my parents to lock me up in the house.  I stayed
up all night to feed the little ones, but of course they all died.

So, I always thought there was no way I could be anymore of an animal
lover than I was -- until ferrets came into my life 12 years ago.  I
love my dogs, I love my cats, but my love for ferrets is on a completely
different level.  What is it the little thieves do to human hearts??

A ferret sneeze in the middle of the night wakes me when everyone knows
I could sleep through an earthquake.  I insisted on holes being drilled
into the back of brand new bedroom furniture so the little ones could
make their little nests under and in my drawers as they were used to
doing.  They have confiscated everything silk I have ever owned.  My
house is decorated with tubes and tunnels, sleep sacks and litter boxes.
I spend much more time researching and preparing their food than I do
for us humans.  The only thing that has ever made me late for work are
ferrets.  There is NOTHING they do that I don't think is adorable, even
when it means there's another big mess to clean up or I spend an hour
searching for my keys or hear the phone ringing from under the stove.

And worst of all, I am a CA criminal who would move out of state leaving
family and friends if I am ever faced with having to make that choice.

So, Bob, with all the extensive research you've done on ferrets, what is
your answer to this one??

Posted anonymously to protect the innocent in CA