From:
Maggie Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 16:12:48 -0500
Hi Ya'll,

It has been a very productive weekend for me.  Actually went shopping for
school clothes and found out I am 2, count 'em, 2 sizes down!!  Yippee!!
However, it is quite embarrassing to be paying for said clothes and to start
pouring sweat.  Oh well, I just say to folks, sorry, hormones.  Then I go
home and peel the clothes off and hop in the shower, yet again.  But maybe
that is why I am down 2 sizes.  LOL!!

Have been looking over the classes, you know changing my majors, and all the
classes in the anthro and psych departments that look good to me are about
devient sexual behaviors.  Hmmm, I wonder if I should take any kind of hint
about that.  Of course, I do have some wonderful examples I could write
about.  Might be the perfect thing for me.

I know from private email that a lot of you all like my posts because of my
frankness about my depression.  I look at it this way, the more I talk about
it, maybe the more people will seek help for themselves.  It isn't a
terrible thing to have, but it is a terrible thing to not do anything about.

And for all the animals I have ever had the privilage of living with,
ferrets are by far the best I have found when I am down.  They seem to have
more empathy with my emotions than even my cats, which are very in tuned
with me.  Although my therapist in Houston did suggest that owning 19 was
co-dependent behavior.  You know, looking for love and acceptance and trying
to save them.  You know what?  I don't care.  I think that I do have that in
me, but mostly it is that these little guys are so loving and smart.  They
just simple fascinate me.

Pookie is by far the most bonded with me.  She is almost entirely deaf, yet
always knows when I need her.  Without me even looking.  Friday night I ran
to the grocery store and came home very down.  I sat in my chair, and low
and behold, she comes running up out of no where and curls up in my lap to
sleep.  Now, this isn't everyday behavior for her.  This weekend I have been
stressed out because of some personal stuff and this little kiddo has just
been my shadow the entire time.  She has been sleeping in my lap, giving me
never ending kisses and just generally keeping an eye on me.

She has kept me going when nothing else would.  So when you get down, pick
up a fuzzbutt and let 'em kiss you all over.  There is no better way to get
yourself to smile.

Maggie and Her Missourian Mobsters