From:
Erin Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:05:36 -0500
Hey all, I got a couple of questions.  Do you all remember Houdini?  My
Albino who was losing his tail and had the little poodle tip?  Well he's
now losing most of the hair on his body, his shoulders and belly I can see
very very sparse hair, and the rest has hair but not thick, can see through
it.  Should I have him checked for Adrenal?  Is Adrenal very bad to have
without the shots and surgery?  He's not showing any other signs, same
playful/lazy self, depending on the situation.  Not being aggressive (cept
today he was dragging around our other aggressive one, which I'll get to
next).  So, I figure, since we are still owing the vet like 400 dollars, I
want to wait until it's absolutely necessary to bring him in, he's about 5
or 6 now, so he's living quite a nice life.

Anyhow, onto the next question, my other ferret Teddy Bear (the one who ate
her hammock and then scared us by eating a rubber ball) now is being VERY
aggressive and has had a swollen vulva for quite some time now, it started
shortly after she was taken off her meds for the surgery from eating her
hammock.  Is this a sign of infection or adrenal also?  She's only about 3
yrs old.  She's still very playful and otherwise normal, she's just being
VERY aggressive, even to humans, which is very much unlike her.

They are all due for their shots soon, so I am figuring we should wait
until then to check them out, but if they find anything, god that's going
to be a big bill!

On the upside, I have acquired 2 new ferrets, totaling 7 now.  I'm also
acquiring cages like crazy.  I teased my mom, told her she should line the
walls with the cages and start a rescue!  hehe.  She didn't think so,
besides, I'd have to do all the cleaning!  hhe.  SO, to the new additions,
Stitches (you all read about her) whom I got from Ferret Nook through help
of FAA and Amy.  Thanks guys, she's fitting in well and is soo active and
fun, and dooks.  Her favorite pastime: sitting on my head!  (BTW she's a
tiny little silvermitt)

And the second new one: We took in from an old acquaintance, she's a marked
white (all white with a grey tail), she's the biggest female I've EVER seen,
she's as big as my biggest male (who weighed in at 4 lbs on his heaviest).
She wasn't ever really held or let out to play, so she's a bit of a nipper.
They had a retarded name for her, something like Phuffy, so we just changed
it to fluffy. ;) Anyhow, she's making the adjustments to fitting in, she is
instigating the fights but is the one doing all the screaming! little brat.

So that's my update, I haven't had time to read the FML lately, have been
bouncing around jobs (finally got a nice permanent one now!)  So if you
have answers for me, please e-mail me directly at: