From:
"William A. Killian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 1996 01:50:27 -0400
Azrael - lbarber - asked about local ferret groups in Montgomery county MD.

Too bad This wasn't sent sooner.  Across the river in Virginia LAFF (Loudoun
Area Ferret Fanciers) just today - Saturday - had their "Fun Match".  Lots
of ferrets - lots of fun.  AFA is who you are thinking of I guess.  I don't
know of too much of a ferret club in your County.  Baltimore has a good one.
Further along the bay area has a good one.  Further west is the Central
Maryland Ferret Fanciers.  I don't have all the contact info handy.  I'll
try to get the informationand post it.

Jennifer Hoh was asking about Virginia Rabies policies....

It is a county by county thing.  Fairfax is the most sane locality that I am
aware of.  Suzanne Jenkins is single handily most responsible for the bad
policies.  We Virginia folks have been way too complacent about her.  None
of the groups so far has done much about her arrogant lies about ferrets.
We are trying to get something organized to fight her.  She is the Prince
William County epidemiologist and the State epidemiologist and until very
recently was head of the organization of state epidemiologists.  She has a
personal vendetta against ferrets apparently.  She is largely responsible
for the California problems as much the misinformation California has comes
from her.  I hope I can get the support of the various ferret groups
headquartered in Virginia (LAFF, LIFE, STAR*, NAFA) and the nearby ones
(AFA, Baltimore, BAFF) to help.  Diane Rogers and her group just did a
fantastic job of getting a state rabies law through - I hope we Virginians
can do as well.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
mailto:[log in to unmask]  mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.zenferret.com/