From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:46:08 -0400
I'm quite frankly amazed by the numer of people who could get so riled as
to write letters to Petco and slam Modern Ferret about 1 issue vs. getting
riled up about the big issues.  I saw almost no outrage over the post about
Crush movies.  How many people are trying to get pet stores to stop selling
ferrets?  Helping shelters?  Doing education?  There are probably 10's of
thousands of ferrets out there living dismal lives not to mention the 10
million dogs and cats that are getting put to sleep, child abuse etc. etc.
If your going to channel your outrage its fine if you want to do it on one
MF issue (though I may not agree its certainly your perogative) but IMHO
only if your just as active on the big issues too.  Its simply a cheap
shot and self righteous to bury your head in the sand and do nothing then
suddenly pop up and pick an easy and close to hand tgt like MF.

Mary, Booker and the fuzzbutts Boris and Giesela