From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 07:18:49 -0800
I have to put my two cents in here- While most people within the PETA
prganization have good hearts, and are striving to make life better for
all animals, there are alot of people within this same organization who
are fanatical, and strive to incite.  PETA has been convicted of staging
some of these videos themselves.  These same few people will blow things
up, and act in other illegal ways.  My opinion, for what it's worth, is
that these are people looking for a cause, any cause will do, just
something that they can be over the edge with.  So, when you see their
literature, or their videos, please don't take it just at face value-
if you feel the need to act, investigate and get all your information.
PETA tried to take action against me because I use service dogs, and
apparently they consider this a form of enslavement to the dog.  My dogs
are herding breeds, and in addition to service work, they herd, they
show, they do agility, they do therapy work, they play with their
friends, go to doggy camp in the summer, and get to be dogs in addition
to working.  They seem to enjoy their "enslavement"- at least I can't get
them to leave:-)

=====
When you get a chance to be nice to someone, take it: everyone is hiking
uphill.