From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 11:02:07 -0400
Tim Williamson asked:
>Does anyone know of anything that can cause a ferret to pass large amounts
>of mucus in its stool?

It's a pretty non-specific sign which generally indicates some kind of
intestinal distress, if I recall correctly from when our ferrets had a bout
of it.  A vet might suggest a fecal check for parasites, and perhaps a
course of Albon just in case there's some infection going on.  The change of
food you mentioned could also be responsible, in which case if the problem
doesn't clear up in another couple of days, you might try switching back to
see if that fixes it.

Donna Austin asked:
>Can anyone please e-mail me personally with sources for ferret clipart.

(I also emailed her this response, but in case anyone else is interested...)

Links to some ferret clipart sources are available at Ferret Central, at
http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/central.html#games

In particular, it links to the Oregon Ferret Association's site at
http://www.teleport.com/%7Eleonard/ofa/resources/clipart.html
and Bob Nixon's FTP site at
ftp://ftp.primenet.com/users/b/bigrex/Ferret_Clipart/

If anyone knows of other online sources, please let me know by direct email
so I can add them.  Thanks!

Sue Armstrong wrote:
>more often than not, he'll do his business right next to the box

Try putting a crumpled-up towel or shirt in the spot next to the box.  For
best results, use one that he's been sleeping in for a few days, so it
smells very much like a bed.

>Are ferrets really _that_ finicky, that they'd even snub _roast beef_?

Yep. :)  Some are; it mostly depends on what they were exposed to as
youngsters.

--
- Pam Greene
Ferret Central <http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/>