From:
"S.Hewett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:33:41 +0800
Michelle wrote:
>Is there any way I can make it more "delicious".  I have seen two of
>them gnawing on it, but they never break the skin or nibble off any
>pieces.  Any suggestions on getting them to actually eat it?"

WARNING Sensitive FMLers should scroll past this.

I find that buying frozen small prey is a bit more humane from the
mouse's point of view.  You could actually snip through a bit of the
mouse's skin (if the mouse is not too much past it's used by date) to
show your guys that there's good stuff inside.  Believe it or not,
ferrets that are used to eating kibble need to learn a whole new way
of using their teeth, jaws and tongue to tackle a natural diet

Is it an adult mouse?  Most ferrets find fuzzies or hoppers to be easier
to manage at first because of their smaller size and thinner skin.  You
should be able to get them frozen from where you bought your feeder
mouse.  I applaud your efforts.

Maybe other FMLers would like to add their thoughts.

Shirley
Always for the Ferrets.

PS  I really enjoyed meeting you in St Louis!