From:
Joan Evancic-Sheer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2011 08:23:52 -0500
I know this is a very busy time of year, and especially so for those
Bridge Greeters. So when one has a chance, please loom out for my
*special* girl Chrisy, for she will need a little help getting there...

She was a very bouncy panda kit; in shape and manner. Just her and her
sable friend left at the pet store. I watched them over the course of
a few weeks there, those 2. Her sable friend would always lead her
to play or focus her on her surroundings, for she was deaf and
*different*; slow to catch on. I bought them both- I knew they needed
each other.

Chrisy always had an enlarged spleen, this only changed in the past few
months as adrenal disease and insulinoma took over her old body. Her
tail became thin of fur too after her first year, as she changed to a
marked white.

I mentioned she was *special*; she depended on her friend Beka to
show her all things, and when Beka passed at the age of 4, Chrisy was
adrift. I had to step in to show her how to initiate play, and help
herself to toys which she hid in specific places as routinely as those
of her mind do.

In the past month, Chrisy bravely "swam" about the cage levels and
floor when out to play; her hind end beginning to fail her. On good
days she would wobble as best she might off to a hidey hole with one
of her toys.

She accompanied me to Rocky's O-Fest where she took delight in
"wobbling" about the play pen with Barb's many adoptables, and being
held by many new friends.

Being incontinent took a toll on her; she developed waste scald for
which no amount of rinsing and ointment seemed to help heal.

Last night, as I held her close, I spoke of the Bridge Place to her,
and all the Wrecking Crew gone before. This evening I held her and
spoke of old times as she succumbed to final peace.

I will always picture her as that panda kit with the bouncy gait. She
would have been 8 years old had she seen the New Year.

DIP Chrisy... )-`: