From:
Shirley Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2007 12:17:26 -0800
This email is an alert for what I believe are dangerous contents in
this food. "ARCHETYPAL" is the name for the Wysong food formerly
called, "ARCHETYPAL - 1". Don't confuse it with Archetypal 2, which
looks like kibble. The food I am writing comes in chunks and falls
apart to a powder. How did I get alarmed? One of my little monsters ate
something he shouldn't have. I gave Laxatone and squished poop for a
couple of days to see if it passed. It did! Aren't ferrets fun? In the
process, I found what appeared to be small stones. After washing (ah,
yes, another fun task) it appeared that they were little pieces of
cartilage. That set me off examining all of the food. At that point,
I was feeding 5 kinds. I put the food in a strainer with very small
plastic netting and soaked it until it went through the mesh. I only
had to do two foods to discover that Archetypal was the culprit. I
took a picture which I can send you, and which is noted in the
correspondence below. There was one small piece, not quite a half inch
long, which was very narrow and sharply pointed. There were numerous
little 'hard things' and a couple of bigger pieces that seem very
leather-like, i.e. hard. When you see it, you will literally 'get the
picture'. The correspondence that I have had with Wysong has been
disappointing. I called the company first, then sent the correspondence
at the bottom along with a picture of what I had found.

Following is my correspondence to date. Read from the bottom up to get
the progression. I am definitely not satisfied with the responses and
am doing another 'food analysis', finding some stuff like leather and
more small bone or tendon pieces.

I will be happy to send you a picture of what I am finding.

Sincerely, Shirley Larsen