Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 15:59:27 -0600
Re: the Ferret Mall
I'm starting to wonder if Dervish's beauty salon isn't a cover-up for an
endeavor more insidious.  In addition to her cache of beauty supplies ... I
also found a bottle of massage lotion and numerous undergarments (including
a very expensive corset)!  Either she has a house of ill repute going under
my bed without my knowledge, or her beauty salon is connected to a lingere
shop!  And I do hope it's the latter.  But kudos (or is it "kodos"?) to all
the ferret entreprenuers out there.  :-)

Re: Ferret Emotions
Big public thank-you to the illustrious Bob Church for answering my
question about ferret emotions so thoroughly.  My psychology professor
insists that animals (even mammals) don't have the capacity to have
emotions.  Which anyone who owns a pet knows is utter poopie, but still.  I
called him on it, and he and my TA said that if I could find proof of my
opinion, they'd cede the point.  And Bob came through for me with flying
colors.  Of course, this also makes me the class troublemaker (and in a
lecture class of 400, that's quite an accomplishment).  I did offer to
bring Dervish in so they could observe the plethora of emotions my little
stinkerpup is capable of, but they politely declined.

My TA also apologized for comparing ferrets to rats, cranial-capacity-wise.

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish the WonderFerret ("Can I borrow that anti-frizz
hair stuff of yours?  My tail fur is just too wiry today!")