Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 10:20:05 -0800
siani wrote:

>CDC tattoos are black and located in the right ear, Hagen tattoos are green
>or blue-green and located in the left ear.

Amelia's a three year old (god I can't believe she's that old already) Hagen
ferret-- she does have the Hagen blue-green H in her left ear, but she also
has a blue-green X in her right ear.  The X has faded more with time.  I was
told by the pet store that the males have a Y.  So, perhaps Hagen has
changed its tattooing practices, but at least older Hagen ferrets will have
tats in both ears.  Kind of a trivial correction, but thought I'd mention
it, in case it could help anybody identify a ferret.

Regina
and Cully and Amelia too!
--
Regina Harrison