From:
Andre Klefenz / Jennifer Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 00:18:51 -0400
Hi everyone... it has probably been a while since I last wrote!  well I just
had to tell you the story of my youngest, Dobey.  My 33 gal fish tank had to
be cleaned (really really) so I took out all the fish and put them in
containors all over the apartment.  I managed to get the tank clean and
refilled with (City) water and left it overnight for the chlorine to
evaporate.  My hubbey was up the next morning reading the paper when he
noticed Dobey tear into the bedroom with something black.  It was a really
"guilty" kind of run so he went to see what was going on.  he reached in
behind the dresser and met teeth *nip nip nip nip* and something wet.  he
pulled it out and found it to be my favorite fish, an 8" pleco (suckerfish)
that had jumped out of its container and been found by the little fish
theif.  the poor fish had been quite mauled.  we dropped the fish into a
smaller tank I had set up in the bedroom with little hope for its survival,
but now, about a week and a half later, its cuts are all healed and ist is
well on the road to recovery.  As for Dobey, the mighty hunter was on a buzz
for the rest of the day.  probably the most excitement she ever had!

I always wondered what might have happened in the past to fish that had
just "vanished" from my tank... I assumed they jumped out but I never did
find them. I guess I know where they ended up now!!!

The moral... protect your fish from those little otter wannabe's!
Jen, Andre, Newton & Dobey

        NEWTON                              DOBEY