From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:43:58 -0700
Just thought I would let everyone know how it is going.  With all of the
kids that we rescued (story:
http://www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz/34kids.html )

Last night Donna came over to help clean cages and do food and water.
She was here for a couple of hours and then had to leave to go home to
her own babies.  She has been a GREAT HELP!  - as well as bringing wood
pellets for us to use!

Shawn had just about completely redone the house.  Moved cages around.
Made the ferret room easy to use and made it to where we could use it as
an out time area.  Set up supplies in there and just did a wonderful job.
I came home to happy bouncing ferrets everywhere.  what a sight to come
home to!  Though I love it.  it's a lot of work... my hat is off to the
shelters that do this large of a number all of the time.

We were up taking pictures and rotating and doing nails until about
midnight last night.  I made Shawn take a bath cause he had been up and
doing this all day and today he is home sick.  Poor guy.  Then he had to
get up early today and take Annie to the vet and then has to work until
10 pm tonight.

Annie is one of the rescues that came in.  Beautiful Silver girl.  $117
later we find out she has osteoporosis and a swollen spleen.  He gave
her a shot of calcium and also gave us liquid calcium that we have to
give her.  She is at home now with Shawn.  Could being given herbs at
the other shelter..  I can't remember what all for now but immune
suppressants and some other things.  could this have affect her bones?

We got a shipment of food in that I had ordered a couple weeks ago.
Plus SOS is helping with food (THANK YOU LADIES!).  We could still use
some treats, ferretvite, nutrical and PDG.  As well as vet money.  (our
previous bill at our other vet is $600)

I have been checking vets around our area for one that won't charge an
arm and a leg for shots.  None of these kids had shots.  So far we have
found one vet that can do them for $25 per ferret.  He will be back in on
Friday and I will discuss it further with him.  But we are in dire need
of vet money.  We have a couple other kids that are sick that will need
care before we can transport out.

I have been updating the site as I can.  Though I still have a lot of
pictures to get done..  I plan on getting that done tonight.  We have
some good news.  Right off the bat Kris Hurford who helped to get the
ferrets here (THANKS!) took home 2 babies.  She also transported 2 to
Mary Jo D.  I found the owner of 2 of the boarders and we most likely
going to continue to board them for her.  Then I found that 2 other
ferrets were previous boarders that were not given back to the owner when
the owner asked for them.  They should be going to her this weekend.

I have people to call tonight also and set up schedules on who can go
where and such.  Shelters and people from around her have been great with
offering their home to help.  Thank you all.  Just a matter of evaluating
everyone and seeing how that goes.

We have at least one girl that won't be going anywhere.  Eve.  She is
advanced adrenal.  No hair except a little on her head.  We are looking
for a sponsor for her.

I want to say a thank you to everyone for their phone calls and emails
and donations.  All of the shelters have been wonderful in offering
advice, support and help in any way they can.  You all never stop to
amaze me!

If you are able to and want to donate please do.

Paypal:  [log in to unmask]

Mailing:
Joanne Ruffner
289 Patton Street
Huachuca City, AZ  85616

My eBay ID is: ferretcorneraz

Again.  thank you to everyone that has been able to help.  even if it's
just sending out an email to people you know.

Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz