From:
Norma-ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 11:44:13 -0500
I notice there has been some more talk about dogs and ferrets on the FML and
just thought I'd share the story of what happened at my house this morning...

Maggie (newest addition, adopted ferret) was having some play time, running
around the place and clucking like crazy.  Big brother Leo was in his condo
(he HATES her and would prefer to be left alone with the love of his life,
Molly) since playtime in "shifts" is necessary for these guys.  I guess
Maggie was in such a great mood that she lost her fear of Leo...she went
right over to the condo and started to pick a fight by banging on the bars
and putting her nose inside.  I think _she_ thought she was going to bite
Leo, but the opposite outcome was MUCH more likely.

Emmy, my dawg...Border Collie/Whippet cross...always keeps a close eye on
all her brothers and sisters.  When she saw Maggie getting too close to the
cage, and Leo heading down the stairs, she went running over to her and
tried to pick her up to get her away from Leo.  It was SO SWEET!  Maggie
wouldn't let Emmy pick her up so Emmy barked at me to go get her.  Of
course, i did, and Emmy was quite pleased with herself...to say the least!

Mind you, Leo is Emmy's favourite, but she didn't want to see Maggie get
hurt.

Okay, end of story for today.
Bye all!

--Norma-ann
  President of SOFA
  and Mom to Molly, Leo and Maggie (ferts)
  Step-Mom to Oedie and Beckett (ferts)
  Mom to Basil and Rudy (Rats)
  Mom to Emmy (dog)
  and another FML vegetarian.