From:
reanee gladden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:41:40 +0000
This year I decided to have Christmas my way.  Instead of all the running
around we normaly do, we stayed home and invited friends over instead of
family.  The couple that came over have become very good friends, their
son- in -law is in Iraq and his wife is in another state.  So they had
Christmas day to just themsleves.  Mark brought his Santa outfit over
and we took a lot of Santa pics.

I invited the people that had adopted Harley, Martha and the littel girl
Jezabel that passed away very shortly after her adoption.  I am sure you
remember how depressed I was over this.

So Jane and Dan brought over the fur kids to get Santa pics with.  Love
those fur kids they have!!  Jane had asked if I had heard from the people
that had thought about surrendering two ferrets.  I said I hadn't heard
a thing from them so far.  I asked her if she was considering fostering.
She replied that she was afraid if she did that she would not be able to
give them up.

Spike came to me shortly after Jezabel passed away.  I had thought he
would be a wonderful ferret for Jane to help the loss of Jezabel, but
the time was not right then.  I also had a couple possibly interested in
adopting him, but had not heard back from them for a meeting.

Some how, Spike ended up going home Christmas night to his new forever
home.  He is two years old.  He was adopted from the Humane Society, then
a year later surrendered to me.  He is a joy, and he has played with
Jane's fur kids a few times before.  He is a kisser a lover, and a leg
hanger-oner.  He is a jem.  The time for both Jane and Spike was right
on Christmas night.  I will miss him greatly.

He is doing so well in his new home.  I am so delighted.  Jane said that
he sat on her lap and kissy faced with her.  She is delighted, as the
other kids don't do any of that.

I got a wonderful gift this Christmas night.  It was a forever home for
this wonderful, fun loving little boy.  A better home I could not ask
for.  Santa gave me and Spike one of the best Christmas gifts either of
us could have ever asked for.

On another note, the little ferret that was picked up and shaken and
thrown by the dog, is doing wonderfully.  Her name is Jynx.  She is full
of piss and vinegar, gives kisses and loves to dig in her food bowl.  He
head will prob. be cocked to the right for the rest of her life, but I
can see it is not gonna stop her from doing what she wants.

She is to be with me til next weekend, then will go back to her home.  I
have requested that the people come here to pick her up, and will be
spending a bit of time lecturing about being careful of the dog-ferret
combination.  I pray that the family will be far more careful, in their
watchfulness.  It is killing me to have to return this baby, but by all
rights, it is the thing to do.  I know numerous people who would be
willing to take this Jynx kid into their hearts and homes.  So if you
can all keep your fingers crossed that this being returned to the family
goes in her favor, and not against her.  They learned a hard lesson,
along with Jynx, that could have been even worse.  I so wanted to just
tell them she died, but that would be so wrong.  The vet could not write
me a death certificate anyway, that was false, and what if they wanted
her little body back?  So I do what I have to and that is to give her
back to who really owns her.  Sometimes this is just too hard.........

My old man Whisky had a really bad spell yesterday.  But once again, he
came out of it.  He is on borrowed time as it is, and every day with him
is a blessing.  He got his pic.  taken with Santa, and ate a whole jar of
baby food too!!!!!  This guy has been with me for 8 months.  He is one of
the five that I took in after the owner died.  I am sure you remember me
talking about that.

Whisky has been with me far longer than anyone had thought he would be,
even myself.  He has such determination to keep on going on.  He is an
insperation and a blessing.

I hope you all had as good a Christmas as I did this year.

Reanee