From:
stephanie mudgett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:40:17 +0000
Hi all,
Had to comment on the recent posts regarding Triple F ferrets.  We have
one in the shelter, Frankie, who is a rather small, skinny, WIRED
(understatement) female.  She was 2 years old when she arrived last March
and had been through 5 homes during her short life.  No wonder.  Some of
her traits are: she chomps any fingertip offered, she jumps extremely far
and has no fear in jumping a good 6 foot distance off a cat tower or chair
or bed, she is an incredible climber, she is persistent as heck and just
as fiesty, she is demanding with people and ferrets, she herds all the
other ferrets around, grooming them and bickering at them, she will not
use a litter box EVER and has a habit of walking while peeing--she even
pee'd in one of our shelter volunteer's hair while she was climbing on her
shoulder.  Frankie is definitely different.

But Frankie, for some reason, is gentle and very loving with us (probably
because we can deal with her "attitude").  She has bitten every person who
has come to look at her and two of my volunteers, (not that they haven't
been careful--she's just kind of sneaky) so the probability of her being
adopted is NOT very good.  She is what I would definitely call a challenge,
as I have never in my experience met a ferret as persistent and demanding
as she is.  She knows what she wants and she gets it.

In summary, we thought Frankie was unique, but if you on the FML are finding
that Triple F ferrets exhibit some of the same traits as Frankie, then it
must be the breeding and you should be prepared for a challenge!  We found
with Frankie what works best is a firm, strong personality that doesn't back
down to her.  She tests us frequently, and entertains us constantly.

Stephanie Mudgett, Director
Ferret Services of Freedom