From:
Elayne Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:14:44 -0700
Andrea,

We just had our main fund raising event of the year and sent a letter
asking for a donation to Marshall Farms.  We heard nothing back, we have
received donations of their products in the past, so I called and the
person I talked to said they had giving out all the donations they were
going to give for this year already.  They were going to keep tract of
who got donations in 2006 and who didn't so that in 2007, those that
hadn't received a donation would get preference.  In contrast,
Performance Foods has always given us a donation for our fund raisers,
so has Path Valley Farms, The Ferret Store, Ferret Depot, Ferret.com,
and Ferrets magazine.  I encourage people to support these companies
with their business.  Other companies are more interested in selling
us stuff, Mazuri (they do have a shelter discount program to promote
their food, but they refused to give us a donation) and Zupreem just
have sales people respond to our donation requests.

Elayne Barclay
Cascade Ferret Network
Network Coordinator
www.cascadeferret.org