From:
Cinnamon Sprite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:48:32 -0400
MaryM said:
>No Bill, mfran will NOT be purchasing any ferrets. The few that went
>down there did so out of their love for the "companion animal." They
>are members of mfran but mfran did NOT send the money to buy the
>ferrets. These people could not sit by and let those ferrets die from
>the cold. The money that is being collected is going to be used for
>the ferrets that ARE rescued when the shut down occurs. And hell, high
>water and the wrath of God, it WILL happen! We also do not care for
>notoriety. Mfran was very happy to go along these years just taking
>care of the ferrets that were surrendered to our shelters BUT your
>dear, elderly, ill Doug made the mistake of calling a rescue
>organization.

So the funds being collected are not going towards the care of the
ferrets that have been purchased? You're collecting funds for something
that hasn't happened? What will be done with the funds should your
plans fail?

MaryM said:
>Since he is that old and frail and poor, shouldn't he just quit his
>breeding practices? In a lengthy conversation with Doug, he told me
>that he has COPD. I know what that is since my mother-in-law suffers
>from it too. There is NO cure but with proper medical treatment it can
>be controlled. There is NO WAY that he can handle taking care of the
>many ferrets he has. I understand that this is the only business (that
>I am aware of) he has ever known BUT there comes a time in all of our
>lives that we have to think of others besides ourselves. He should be
>thinking of the ferrets.

Wasn't it stated that Mr. McKay's children are now running the business?

MaryM said:
>Maybe if he didn't have to spend thousands of dollars on food for the
>mink and ferrets he would have enough to clean up the place and eat!

Now I'm really getting confused. First it's claimed that Mr. McKay is
not feeding the ferrets. Now you state that he's spending thousands on
food. Makes no sense.

MaryM said:
>I believe that most of us know that cats are used to control rodents.
>The only problem I see here is that they are carting off the ferrets
>instead of mice and rats. Once again, I reiterate, if Doug closed down
>he wouldn't have to buy food for the cats and he could afford his own!
>Of course, he probably doesn't feed the cats, that is why they are
>eating the ferrets.

The cats are eating the ferrets??? Do you have proof of this?

MaryM said:
>Wonter?!?!?? Is that a season?

>De-tractor, De-tractor LOL! I feel like I am in a corn field!

No offense, but childish attacks hardly help your case. A well thought
out, respectful, reply would better serve you.

MaryM said:
Bill said:
>>No lawyer has been involved with MFRAN it seems obvious.

>Are we fishing?

I would be curious to know if you have legal representation. If you
don't I suggest you seek it. Fact is, if the McKays do pursue legal
action against you you're going to need it.

MaryM said:
>That ferret wasn't ill. It had a case of static electricity. A mistake
>was made.

It's good to know that ferret was not ill. However, I would suggest you
get your facts straight before putting things out for public viewing. I
would also suggest you have hard evidence to back any claims you make.
If you don't and the McKays do decide to take legal action against
you're going to be in for a world of trouble.

As for the ferrets that are claimed to be ill, do you have any proof of
this that you can share?

--

Karen McCabe

http://www.cinnamonsprite.net