Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 2009 09:28:27 -0800
I had 7 implanted a couple months ago, all but two were 7+ yrs old.
Since that time, Leo and Ceasar have left our realm. Leo I found had
left in his sleep, 2 weeks exactly after the implant, Ceasar left this
last Monday. Neither of the boys showed new hair growth, though their
fur they had became softer. Pharoah was a second time adrenal oldster
and instead of 2nd surgery I opted for Deslorelin. Pharoah was
completely bald and now he has a very soft undercoat that completely
covers his little naked body. Skippy was fairly bald, and has continued
to lose fur. Squirt is the youngest at 3.5 and other than regrowing fur
where she was shaved for the implant her fur is somewhat sparse as it
was before the implant. Rambo I've not noticed regrowth, coat is still
coarse, but no more fur loss. Sully has lost more fur but what he has
is soft.

I did notice that the ferrets were more lethargic and sleepy for a
couple weeks after the implant, and I had to wake them to eat their
recipe servings during that time. Five of the 7 have insulinoma so that
would be something to watch for if insulinomics are implanted. Sully
who is the biggest bully, calmed down during that time but is back to
his before-implant self now.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org